- when creating a category;
- when creating an article;
- for displaying and setting up the Knowledge base section.
- Search and Sort articles.
To create a new article or category in the Knowledge Base, click on the "+" button.
To edit an article or category, including creating a subcategory and adding an article to the selected category, select the gear icon:
When creating a category, it is necessary to set the main access by user type:
As well as access by groups of users who will have access to the category:
Important! If there is no group access, users will not see this category.
When creating or editing an article it is enough to set access by user type:
The availability and settings of the Knowledge base module for users is set for the corresponding user group when editing it.
You can limit the rights of users to:
- evaluation of articles;
- the number of estimations in articles;
- displaying the authors of the evaluation;
- editing of categories;
- editing of articles;
- creating categories;
- creating articles;
- deleting articles;
- use of reply templates.
The "Knowledge base settings" section is connected in the "Management" menu.
Thus, the system allows more flexible setting of rights, with access control not only by types of users, but also by groups.
For "End user" type users, it is possible to connect the module Knowledge Base, News and control the ability to assess and view ratings in articles.
- "New Articles" - the most recently created articles in the system;
- "Popular articles" - a list of articles with the largest number of views (the number of views for an article can also be set when editing it);
- "Important articles" - all fixed articles in the system.
There is also a "Favorites" section, where users can add often viewed and used articles. It can be done by clicking on the heart icon at the end of the article. When clicked, the icon changes color to red and is displayed in the category. If a user does not have any articles marked with a red heart, the category is not displayed.
- News section allows you to unload the last 5 articles on one page from the "News" category.
- Search and sort articles. Articles are sorted and displayed by date of their addition (the anchored articles are not counting). Thus, if you need to arrange articles in a certain order, you can do it during editing by changing the date of creation and/or fixing the article.
The search is done by tags, article number, content and title. If there is only one search result, it automatically goes to the found article. Example, search by three characters:
- When you add files there is a limit - not more than 100 Mb, you can attach not more than 20 files at a time.
- When creating or editing the content of an article, you can use a handy toolbar.
- Evaluation of articles: positive and negative, the ability to view the user who left evaluation (displayed when hovering over the appropriate icon);
- For fast navigation through articles it is possible to use the block of the parent category, thus when viewing an article you can quickly pass to viewing of neighboring articles;
- Preview for files from the knowledge base (when the cursor is put over the file).
Configuration of the Knowledge base:
- Display views within an article. Display the number of views within an article, the number of views will be seen by all users. Also, articles are sorted by the number of views in the category list - the more views, the higher the article in the list;
- Display the author/editor in the article. Display the author/editor of the article, as well as a countdown of the time since the last edit (hours, days). To sort articles for a single day, time has been added to the creation date;
- Display article number in article title. Display the article number in the article title, which can also be searched by. Example: #10;
- Search tags in article. Each article searches for tags, which become links for further navigation. Tags can be searched by #. Example: #billing;
- Hide icons.
- Number of visible articles and categories in the list.
- Color of the icons. Possibility to set your own color of icons of articles and categories (black by default).