EddyDesk system is a modular solution, which makes it possible to regulate user rights in a flexible way.
- Group Management
- Advanced settings
- Accesses to Departments
- Setting accesses to functionality and modules of the system
Groups are used for rights management. To edit them, please follow to "Management" -> "Group access rights".
By default, there are two types of users in the system:
- End users (can only view own requests);
- Agents (can view end users' and own requests).
Please note, when calculating the cost of using the service, we take into account only the Agent type. In other words, the Administrator with the Agent type is included in the total bill. When calculating the number of agents in the system, rely on their type of access.
In the "Group access rights" section you can do this by two columns: User type and Number of users.
Also there are created three groups by default:
- End user;
You can create new groups, if necessary To delete a previously created group, make sure there are no users in it.
The "Login access" allows you to restrict login to each of the groups. For example, if you disable option for the end user group, its users will no longer be able to log in to the system.
To edit permissions for a group, click on the pencil in the "Edit" column and then move to the desired block.
Let's consider each block of rights settings in more detail.
In the first block you can change the group name and set the user type.
The next "Advanced settings" block is hidden by default and includes the following settings:
- Default department - chosen department will be selected by default when the group user creates the request.
- Default reply's template category gives the ability to chose the certain category of the Knowledge Base in order to speed up template searches for the agent.
- Search in public departments - users can search and view the requests in Departments that are public to them. You can set up public Departments for the selected user group in the next "Departments access" block.
- Observer mode - the agent of the group cannot be assigned in the request.
- Show the agent only their own requests - restricts an agent to working only with requests they created and assigned to them.
- Access via API
- IP limits - if you make a list of IP addresses, users belonging to the group will be able to authorize in the system only if their IP address is in the list. The value must be entered after a comma. You can use subnet masks.
The "Departments access " block gives access to the requests of the Department for the selected user group. Agents will be able to see all requests of the marked Department if they are also an agent of this Department, for which the selected Departments in their user card are responsible.
Quickly update the changes in this section can be done using the buttons.
When you add Public Departments, a user from the group is able to create or transfer a request to the Public Department for them, and have access (view) it afterwards. But they do not have access to other requests of the Public Department.
In the "Departments" section you can additionally configure settings that restrict the agent's actions in a public Department.
Let's take a closer look at an example.
An agent has group access to the "Technical Department" and he also belongs to that department.
For them "IT department" is a public Department. Let's see how creating a request to the public Department will look for the agent:
The next block includes access settings with the following tabs:
The Management tab allows you to set up access to the system for a group of agents. At the same time, you can limit the work with some section to viewing only, to protect them from making any changes.
The feature of prohibiting the editing of the "Group access rights" section is disabled for the default "Administrator" group.
For the "Departments" section, you can enable displaying and setting up the "Channels" subsection using the "Social networks settings" field.
For the "Integrations" section you can configure access for the information and functions of AmoCRM in the system. If you are already connected and have accesses set up, you can view the data in the user card.
For the "Request settings" section you can set up access to work with UTM tags, settings of tags and types in it.
The tab contains settings related to the user's actions during their work with requests. They can be divided into subtypes:
- Enabling functions on the request's work panel and displaying additional options in the request;
- Prohibition to perform actions in the request;
- Connection and setting the evaluation of replies and internal notes;
- Tags settings;
- Connection of the "Equipment" subsection for the "Contacts" module and displaying information on the request work panel
- "Contacts" tab contains the following features:
- creating and edit users;
- creating companies;
- viewing the user's actions in the system;
- delete users, companies and equipment.
- ability to import and export users is only available to the System Administrator.
- Knowledge Base
This tab allows to set the "Knowledge base", the "News" subsection (if you enable it, the articles from the "News" category will be displayed in a separate section of the system) and the settings of displaying and working with the module functionality are availabl
- Reporting section is responsible for working with this module.
The "Omnichannel" module with the access to the subsections and queues of unassigned requests and the "Telephony" section are set in this tab.
Thus you can manage the access to different features of the system. If you have any questions or suggestions about the system, feel free to contact our support service.