It is quite often necessary to find a certain request knowing only some information about it (creation date or its subject) or simply to display a list of requests that have the same type and assignee. But how to do it, if there are dozens or even hundreds of thousands of different requests in the system?
For such cases EddyDesk suggests using views. Views are a way to organize your requests by grouping them into lists based on certain criteria. Views can be:
- End user.
Personal views are created only by the user for themselves, while global and end user views can be configured globally.
When setting accesses for parent and child views there should be no conflict between them. If the parent view does not allow access to a user group, the child view does not allow access to that group. In other words, you can adjust access for child views only by what is set in the parent view.
For example, the parent view has access to user groups Operators and Lawyers. In the child view we can leave the access only for Lawyers, but we cannot add access for the Accounting group.
Access to views for user groups is regulated in "Group access rights" menu:
Please note that even after removing access to these views, a user of the system still has an opportunity to customize and use personal views when working with requests.
To create a view you should:
- in the request list interface click on "Views settings";
- open "Global views" menu in Management.
Then you will see the list of currently created views. Click on "Create view" to create a new one.
When creating you can set:
- Name of the view;
- Type. If you change the type, then you should set the conditions completely anew;
- Conditions under which the request will be displayed in the view. You can add several conditions to the view using "and". Not all conditions are available for the client view.
List of all conditions:
- Requester's email;
- Requester's full name;
- Requester's company;
- Request subject - displays the list of requests with the specified subject;
- Request content - displays requests that contain the specified text in their initial request;
- Rate - displays requests with feedback depending on the one chosen in the condition;
- Request subject or content;
- Request has an internal note;
- Request has a linked tasks in Jira - if the integration is connected in the system, the condition will highlight the requests; which have the related tasks with Jira;
- Request assignee;
- Request status.
Please note, if status "X" is specified in the condition and request has status "X", but its sub-request has status "Done" it will be displayed in the list of requests under its parent request.
This also refers to other parameters of the request and conditions when displaying the view results.
- Request priority;
- Request source;
- Request frozen - displays requests that are frozen/unfrozen;
- Under control - displays requests that are under control of the user;
- Created by current user - displays all requests created by the current user of the system;
- Request lock;
- Number of replies - you can specify not only a certain number of replies, but also specify "more" or "less" conditions. The count goes after the first reply of the request;
- Number of internal notes - you can specify not only a certain number of internal notes, but also specify "more" or "less" conditions;
- Request type;
- Request condition - displays the list of requests according to the state of the request, i.e: "Deleted" or "Not deleted";
- Creation date;
- Created today;
- Created yesterday - requests created 1 day earlier than the current date;
- Created in a period of N days - the requests created within the selected period of days;
- Created earlier than N days - the requests created earlier than the selected number of days;
- Update date - any changes made in the request;
- Updated today - list of requests whose changes were made during the current day;
- Updated yesterday - list of requests whose changes occurred yesterday;
- Update in a period of N days - requests that were changed during the period of the specified number of days;
- Updated before a period of N days - requests that were changed before the period of the specified number of days;
- Time since last activity - requests that were updated within a specified number of minutes;
- Request will unfreeze within N days - the list of requests that will be unfrozen within the specified number of days;
- Request will unfreeze after N days - the list of requests that will be unfrozen in the specified number of days;
- SLA breach - critical time for tracking of requests that have less or more SLA time left;
- SLA exceeded - the list of requests that have exceeded the SLA specified before;
- Custom fields of request - condition for filtering requests by custom fields created in the system.
- Parent view - allows to choose a parent view;
- Activity - Enables/Disables view;
- Dividing line - adds a dividing line in the list of requests for visual separation of views;
- Hide view when it has 0 requests;
- Color, Icon;
- Force Sort - allow to apply force sorting by the selected column.